We provide a Christ-centered home and life-skills coaching for mothers experiencing pregnancy or parenting young children.
We are a community where mothers discover a life of acceptance, value, and meaning for themselves and their children.
Our Core Values:
- Individual Worth: because honoring persons made in the image of God recognizes their unique story and history.
- Courageous Obedience: because following God's leading in the small things enables us to accomplish greater things.
- Personal Integrity: because modeling authenticity and transparency leads to long-term trust in relationships.
- Healthy Relationships: because cultivating a family environment invites all to find a place within community.
- Foundational Unity: because serving humbly is the framework for fruitfulness.
- Generous Partnership: because giving generously multiplies God's blessing and abundance.
A three-word statement that describes how we impact the lives of those we serve.
Home. Community. Meaning.
Identity = Home
What it does = Community
Impact = Meaning
More than a shelter, more than a home, Ruth Harbor is also a program:
- Staff members come along side each resident to design a Care Plan tailored specifically to reach personal goals of growth, independence, safety, and life skills.
- With the support and direction of a staff counselor and live-in house parents, residents live together as a family, learning to care for both their home and one another.
- While at Ruth Harbor women receive counseling, education support, life-skills training, access to quality health care, spiritual guidance, parenting training and/or adoption assistance at no charge
- Our focus is on being a home, not an institution, where up to six residents live modeling a family lifestyle.
- The emphasis is on grace and independent living rather than any circumstances that brought our residents here.
- Additional support is often provided through mentors, host homes, and partner agencies.