RUTH HARBOR STATEMENT OF FAITH
It is important that each staff member and volunteer understand that the ministry of Ruth Harbor concentrates on the essentials of the Christian faith below. We are called together in unity focusing on the Word of God alone, not espousing any particular doctrinal stance which would divide us.
1. We believe there is one God eternal existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; John 10:30,37,38; Matthew 28:19-20)
2. We believe In the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Apostle’s Creed)
3. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible and authoritative Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21)
4. We believe that mankind is sinful by nature and that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential and an absolute necessity for salvation. (Romans 3:19-25; John 3:16-19; John 5:25; Titus 3:5-6) “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast.” (Ephesians 2:8,9)
5. We believe in the present and continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit; by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Ephesians 4:30; Ephesians 5:18; I Corinthians 3:16; I Corinthians 6:10-20)
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto eternal life and they that are lost unto eternal damnation. (John 5:28-29)
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
(Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28)
8. We believe in the creation of man by the direct act of God. (Genesis 1:26-28; Genesis 5:1,2)
9. We believe in the sanctity of human life as set forth in the scriptures: For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
(Psalm 139:13-16) Yet you brought me out of the womb; you made me trust in you even at my mother’s breast. From birth I was cast upon you; from my mother’s womb you have been my God.
(Psalm 22:9-10) Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you.