Ruth Harbor has a "Legacy For Life" Endowment Fund that enables individuals and organizations to contribute to the future sustainability of the Ruth Harbor mission. This Endowment Fund is separate from the normal operating funds used for the ministry. The interest earned from the principal gift will be used to fund ministry operations for generations to come.
Anyone can contribute to the Endowment Fund and you don't have to be "wealthy" to do so -- gifts of all sizes are welcomed and important to the future of our ministry. You can contribute cash, stock, in-kind gifts and planned gifts through estate planning. For instance, asking your insurance agent to adjust the beneficiary of your life insurance policy to include 1% or 2% for Ruth Harbor will make an impact while still providing generously for family or the primary beneficiary. For more information without any obligation, please contact our Executive Director, Mark McDougal, at 515-279-4661 or email Mark@RuthHarbor.org.
- A few times each year, Ruth Harbor holds “Legacy Giving Private Briefing” events where experts describe tools and strategies for planned giving. These events are limited to a maximum of 25 attendees and are a great “conversation starter” for you, your spouse, or your family. We do not sell anything at these events, and you can leave your checkbooks at home – this is a gift from Ruth Harbor and other Christ-centered ministries. If you are interested in attending a “Legacy Giving Private Briefing,” please email Mark@RuthHarbor.org.
- Ruth Harbor partners with other Christian non-profits and the Iowa Christian Generosity Council to sponsor an Educational Forum designed to provide our constituents with a wide variety of information regarding Legacy Giving; again, this is a gift for Ruth Harbor constituents who register through us – no product sales or donation requests…leave your checkbook at home.
- Ruth Harbor is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization (tax ID 42-1464150). As such, charitable bequests can be made to Ruth Harbor through your estate. Ruth Harbor partners with other Iowa non-profits as a part of the Leave a Legacy® Iowa public relations campaign which encourages people of all walks of life and income levels to consider caring for those who will come after them. Contact us directly, talk with your financial planner, or visit the Leave a Legacy® Iowa website to learn more.
- Leaving a legacy for Ruth Harbor? We encourage you to use the wording that follows when including Ruth Harbor in your will:
“I, [Full Name], of [City, State, Zip], give, devise and bequeath the rest, residue and remainder of my estate, both real and personal, to Ruth Harbor, Inc. in Des Moines, Iowa, tax ID#42-1464150, [and/or amount or percentage of the estate or description of the property] for its unrestricted use and purpose."
- IRA Charitable Rollover – In 2015, Congress enacted a permanent extension of the IRA charitable rollover. As a result, individuals age 70½ or older can make gifts directly from their IRA to any charity. Learn more.